Board of Trustees
School district governance is the act of bringing the beliefs, values, and priorities of the community to the Board table and incorporating them into the district Vision andPolicies. To that end, the Board of Trustees establishes educational goals and standards, confirms appointment of all personnel, approves classroom curriculum, and sets the district budget for each school year. The Board also oversees and approves purchases of equipment, supplies, services, and leases, and authorizes renovation, construction and union contracts.
In order to manage the day-to-day administration of the district, the Board of Trustees appoints a Superintendent. The Superintendent, as the only direct employee of the Board, works with the Board to provide leadership to the district and supports the Board’s ability to govern responsibly. The Superintendent sees that board policy and Board direction isImplemented through administrative regulations, manages the instructional andnon-instructional operations of the district, makes decisions based in law and board policy, develops a responsible administrative structure, and works with staff to develop action plans that will achieve the district vision and goals for student success.
- The Marysville Joint Unified School District, in partnership with our staff, students, their families and the community, will provide each student with the most appropriate educational opportunities in a safe environment.
Our Vision for the Education of Children:
- All students have the opportunity to experience success within our district and community through alignment and development of programs, facilities and other resources.
- All students have the opportunity to meet and/or exceed the outcomes established in board policy for graduation requirements and grade level promotion/retention standards.
- All students will have multiple ways of learning and demonstrating that they have learned those things required by district graduation requirements and grade level promotion/retention standards.
- Student success is a self-fulfilling process; the more we believe that all students can be successful and the more students experience success, the more success will happen.
- Each child in our community deserves a quality education
- We are investing our time and resources in activities that bring measurable results and value to our students and the communities that we serve.
- We are fiscally accountable with clear expectations, sound monitoring, and review.
- We build strength through We value the collective backgrounds of our students and strive to create a receptive environment where students can thrive, contribute, and prosper.
- We treat all students, their families, and all staff members with fairness, respect, and understanding.
- We provide an environment that fosters social responsibility and character development.
Shared Commitment to Public Education
- We work together as partners while respecting individual roles in providing the best education to our students.
- Our schools are community centers - we value a connected learning community.
- All students have the opportunity to access a well-rounded course of studies including programs that prepare for college and career.