- Business Services
- Educational Services
- Adult Education
- After School Programs
- American Indian Education
- Academic Assistance
- Archery Program
- Classroom Presentations
- Community Events
- Early Childhood Education Program
- Genealogy Assistance
- High School Electives or Fine Arts Credit classes
- Important Program Dates and Events
- Information and Links
- Native Garden
- Opportunities to Volunteer
- Program Application
- Research Library
- Pow Wows
- Saturday Culture Classes
- Useful Links
- Winter Pow Wow Workshop
- Calendar of Events
- Career Technical Education
- Child Development
- Curriculum, Assessment and Accountability
- ELD Program
- Professional Development
- Student Services
- Student Supports & Innovation (Discipline & Attendance)
- Personnel Services
Yuba County Mobile Dental Clinic
YUBA COUNTY MOBILE DENTAL CLINIC
The Happy Toothmobile is a mobile dental clinic offering full service dentistry to Yuba County Children. Through the joint efforts of Marysville Joint Unified School District, Peach Tree Clinic and First 5 Yuba, screenings, cleanings, sealants and restorative treatments are available at various school sites in Marysville, Olivehurst and Linda, CA. School Site services lessen the amount of time children miss school and eliminate the transportation barrier for families as we can escort students from class for dental appointments. Children not yet enrolled in school or not attending the host school are seen by appointment.
Our goal is to ensure that all children have access to quality dental care. Priority is given to children 0-5 years and their siblings, however no child will be turned away if he/she is NOT currently under the care of a dentist, and is NOT covered by private insurance.
An Outreach Coordinator works with school staff to identify children in need of dental care prior to the arrival of the Toothmobile to each school site. The Outreach coordinator links parents with the dental service, assists with the completion of health/dental history/consent forms, provides support services to medical staff, and escorts children from class to the mobile dental clinic on campus.
Our Outreach Coordinator also provides oral health education through classroom demonstrations, lessons, and hands on activities. If you would like more information on classroom visits, or have questions about our program services please contact Ronda Bowers at (530) 682-7408.
When asked “Would your child have received dental care if the Dental Van was not available?” sixty-three percent of parents answered ‘No’. Thanks to the unique partnership between Marysville Joint Unified School District and Peach Tree Clinic, The Happy Tooth Team is proud to provide needed dental care to children who may not otherwise receive services.
Key program components:
- Services are provided at school sites throughout Yuba County, Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The Dental Clinic remains open during summer, winter and spring breaks, seeing patients by appointment when schools are closed. For appointments and information call 530-788-3578 (Habla Espanol)
- Medi-Cal & CA Wellness Plans accepted. Uninsured children may qualify for low cost ‘sliding fee’ program.
- The Mobile Clinic is a full scope dental practice providing:
- Cleanings and fluoride
- Baby root canals
- Stainless steel crowns
- Dental Care Education