Absences Excused by State Law
- Illness- A doctor's note may be required for extended illness.
- Quarantine- directed by a doctor.
- Medical, dental, optometric or chiropractic appointments or treatment.
- Attending the funeral services of an immediate family member, if the services are conducted one day of excused absence provided by State law and up to three days if the services are out-of-state.
- Jury duty as required by law.
- Excusing from school to obtain required immunizations (not more than 5 days).